We are seeking applications for an Outreach and Services Coordinator to oversee the provision of service delivery to clients. Reporting to the Executive Director, the successful candidate will work within the community office while providing outreach within the District of Oak Bay.
- Assessing client needs through intake visits
- Reviewing and reassessing ongoing needs of clients
- Maintaining client records
- Coordinating client services in cooperation with the Volunteer Coordinator
- Conducting outreach activities in support of current and prospective clients
- Referring clients to other community resources when required
- Coordinating the delivery of client programming
- Sharing operational responsibilities as a member of the staff team
Requirements and Qualifications
- Minimum of Bachelors, or comparable education and experience, in social work, human and social development, social sciences or gerontology
- Successful criminal record check for working with vulnerable populations
- Proficiency in computer and internet software (i.e. Microsoft Office, GSuite)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, particularly related to reflective listening, effectively communicating, and approaching others with empathy
- Works effectively in a team environment and within processes that require collaboration
- Demonstrated patience and appreciation for working with individuals with complex needs, including older adults and individuals with physical and/or mental health challenges
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or medical/religious exception
- Experience working with a nonprofit and voluntary sector organization as an employee or volunteer an asset
This is a full-time, permanent employment position with an expected start date of April 3, 2023. The salary will be commensurate with experience, and will range from $45,000.00 to $50,000.00 per annum. Extended health and dental benefits, plus annual RRSP contribution, available upon the successful completion of 3 months’ probation.
How To Apply
Applications, including cover letter and resumé, will be accepted by email until 5:00pm on March 17, 2023 to email@example.com, with the subject: Outreach and Services Coordinator Position.