Oak Bay Volunteer Services (OBVS) provides non-medical support services to Oak Bay residents on a one-to-one basis. Clients can be of any age, and are individuals in need of volunteer help because of health, financial or other needs.
Established in 1977, OBVS is a registered charity with the Government of Canada and is certified as a nonprofit society by the Registrar of British Columbia. The organization is governed by a Board of Directors and is staffed by an Executive Director, Outreach and Services Coordinator, Volunteer Coordinator and Administrative Coordinator, with help from many dedicated volunteers!
To enable Oak Bay residents to maintain or improve their independence and connection to the community through the provision of support services that also engender strong relationships and lasting human connections.
To ensure Oak Bay residents are supported, valued and connected
OBVS is a Member of the Following Associations and Working-Groups:
- Association of Fundraising Professionals
- BC Association for Charitable Gaming
- BC College of Social Workers
- Business for Business Victoria
- Canadian Association of Gift Planners
- Community Partnership Network
- Direct Volunteer Services Committee of Greater Victoria
- Greater Victoria Chamber of Commerce
- More Than Meals Program Steering Committee
- South Island Seniors Planning Table
- Victoria Seniors Business Network
- Volunteer Management Professionals of Canada
- Volunteer Victoria