Oak Bay Volunteer Services (OBVS) provides direct volunteer services to Oak Bay residents on a one-to-one basis. Clients can be of any age, and are individuals in need of volunteer help because of health, financial or other needs.
Established in 1977, OBVS is a registered charity with the Government of Canada and is certified as a nonprofit society by the Registrar of British Columbia. The organization is governed by a Board of Directors and is staffed by an Executive Director, Outreach and Services Coordinator, Volunteer Coordinator and Administrative Assistant, with help from many dedicated volunteers!
To provide clients with individual services and social contacts in such a way as to help them maintain their independence and improve their quality of life.
To assist Oak Bay residents of all ages in need by providing one-to-one volunteer services.
To support a community in which personal quality of life and independence are improved.
OBVS is a Member of the Following Associations and Working-Groups:
- Association of Fundraising Professionals
- BC Association for Charitable Gaming
- BC College of Social Workers
- Business for Business Victoria
- Canadian Association of Gift Planners
- Community Partnership Network
- Direct Volunteer Services Committee of Greater Victoria
- Greater Victoria Chamber of Commerce
- South Island Seniors Planning Table
- Volunteer Management Professionals of Canada
- Volunteer Victoria